E-Expectations 2014 on Admissions Live Webcast
by Carol Clements on October 13, 2014
The reaction to this year’s E-Expectations report, The Online Preferences of College-Bound High School Seniors and Their Parents, has been overwhelming. Given the staggering changes to the communications landscape brought on by technology and how many new ways there are to reach college-bound students and their parents, Admissions professionals, communications departments, and IT staff alike are eager for the data.
Last month, our President and CEO Lance Merker sat down with Chris D’Orso, co-host of Higher Ed Live’s Admissions Live webcast, and Stephanie Geyer of Noel-Levitz for a wide-ranging discussion about the survey. In this 40-minute video, they share real-life examples and practical insights relevant to colleges and universities looking to improve their student recruitment efforts.
Watch the webinar for answers to three big questions that higher ed professionals have about reaching prospective students:
- How essential is it really that your school invests in a responsive or adaptive website for mobile users?
- What’s more important in influencing prospective students: a great social media presence for your school or a great website?
- What’s the connection between prospective students’ perceptions of your website and their perceptions of the quality of the education at your school?
The 2014 E-Expectations Report, The Online Preferences of College-Bound High School Seniors and Their Parents, sponsored by Noel-Levitz, OmniUpdate, College Week Live, and NRCCUA (the National Research Center for College & University Admissions), is a survey of 1,000 high school seniors and more than 500 parents nationwide that provides an in-depth look at mobile and web trends.
ABOUT HIGHER ED LIVE:
The Higher Ed Live network offers live webcasts each week for professionals in higher education. Programming focuses on the emerging role of social media and digital media marketing in higher education, admissions, advancement, and student affairs. Broadcasting live, each week’s episode features exclusive interviews with professionals from colleges and universities across the country, journalists, consultants, and other thought leaders.
Read more about the study:
- E-Expectations: Have you Considered Your College Website’s Mobile Audience?
- E-Expectations: 5 Facts to Help Market to College-Bound Students
- E-Expectations: Effective Recruiting Starts with Your College Website