OmniUpdate Community Network
Gets a Facelift
by Andrew Soderberg on March 18, 2015
This week was big for OmniUpdate customers. We just re-launched the OmniUpdate Community Network (OCN). It has a new design and we’ve added new functionality that makes the site much more useful and engaging for members. Change is good!
With more than 1,000 members (and climbing), it was time for an OCN redo. We simply outgrew the old community and needed more features and functionality. The new OCN still has everything you would expect, like Forums, Groups, and a Media section for pictures and videos. And, of course there’s OU Campus™ Release Notes and links to all the important support sites like the HelpDesk and feedback.omniupdate.com for OU Campus feature voting.
Here are some of my favorite community enhancements:
- Chat live with members while in the OCN
- Invite your colleagues to join directly from within the community
- Ask us to create a poll to get best practice info you need from your peers
- Add a classified ad (e.g., job posting) or link to an institutional blog to help get more coverage
- Tell us about your awards so we can share your good news with the community and beyond
The site URL hasn’t changed, so customers can check out the new community at ocn.omniupdate.com. Let us know what you think by taking our poll. Feel free to send us suggestions to email@example.com, add pictures and videos, comment in the forums, and so forth. The opportunities to contribute as well as benefit from the community are endless, so we want your participation!